Monday, February 10, 2014

Long Term Survival - Bulletproof Bushcraft on a Budget

Practicing Bushcraft is practicing survival skills. You don't have to learn the primitive skills to enjoy Bushcraft, but they are valuable to know. Collecting simple and and low-cost tools to outfit yourself for Bushcraft/Long term survival does not have to be prohibitively expensive, just keep an eye out and haunt the yard sales and flea markets for your gear.





Even if you do not like Dave Canterbury, he has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool videos - thanks for linking to them. As far as handle on spark rod, I Gorilla Glued a sewing bobbin onto the end of one of my rods for a handle - has holes along the edge for a split ring to secure to cord. The bobbin is loaded with G.I. trip wire for garroting guards (lol) but also makes a great STRONG repair and binding tool. I've been thinking to using a dental floss reel to do the same as well for more flexibility.

    Thanks again - and good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been hanging out, watching world events and working on projects as well. You can expect to see some of them in upcoming posts. Dental floss has many uses beside cleaning your teeth and should always have a place in your kit, as well as toe nail clippers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I learned more in this video than months of studying books...I love your teaching style...make it so easy to understand and you get right to the point...Thank you so much! ~Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY COOL! I learned more in this video than months of reading books! I LOVE your teaching style...easy to understand, great video footage, and you get right to the point. Thank you so much...I'm excited to watch all of your videos...~Bella

    ReplyDelete