Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Selous's Bookshelf II

The newest additions to my bookshelf are:

GAIA'S GARDEN: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture, Second Addition by Toby Hemenway [Paperback]

Creating A Forest Garden: Working with Nature To Grow Edible Crops by Martin Crawforn [Hardcover]

Sepp Holzer's Permaculture: A Practical Guide to Small-Scale, Integrative Farming and Gardening--With information on mushroom cultivation, sowing a ... ways to keep livestock, and more... By Sepp Holzer [Paperback]

Dinner Is In The Jar: Quick and Easy Dinner Mixes in Mason Jars or Mylar Bags by Kathy Clark [Paperback]

The Everything Mediterranean Cookbook: An Enticing Collection of 300 Healthy, Delicious Recipes from the Land of Sun and Sea by Dawn Altomari-Rathjen (LPN, BPS) and Jennifer Bendelius (MS, RD) [Paperback]

7 Secrets Cookbook by Neva & Jim Brackett [Spiral-bound]

I am very interested in the Permaculture aspect as I believe it will be Key to long term survival. I am all for letting nature provide me with it's bounty with little intervention by me. Establishing a Permaculture system will take some hard work but afterwards it will repay you for your effort.

No, I am not turning into a tree hugger, but I am not delusional in that I expect things to get much better. There are evil people out there that wish to reduce the worlds population down to what they can manage thru starvation, disease and war. Permaculture is one way to help thwart the hunger part.

2 comments:

  1. Permaculture is just plain smart. And hugging a few trees ain't a bad thing so long as it's not done to the extreme...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Craig. I think all Preppers and Survivalists need to take a good look at the principles of Permaculture and incorporate them into their retreats and homesteads. the failure to do so will be a limiting factor in their ability to produce a variety of foods, perhaps enough foods that would help them be prosperous instead of hardscrabble.

    ReplyDelete