Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Where Did It Go?

Well Fall has snuck up and booted Summer completely out of the picture! It was cold enough this morning to make me zip up my jacket when I left the house. When I got to work it was so cold in my office that I turned on the heater for the first time since summer began. Just about time to remove the window AC unit.

Fall is my favorite time of year. The colors of the trees, the crisp bite in the air in the early morning, fog laying across the fields, looking like a ghostly lake in the early morning dawn! We should have about 3 or 4 weeks of nice weather now that the September rains have passed. At least that is the normal weather pattern. This year has been anything but normal.

The Pacific Northwet usually has fairly mild winters, but I think it may be different this year. Every weather change is coming early and I expect frost within 3 weeks, if not sooner. I am saving up to buy some Greenhouse plastic to get ready for spring. If the weather is anything like it was this year, I will need it unless I decide not to grow anything. Besides, it will make a nice expedient shelter if it is ever needed.

I purchased 4 GMRS radios last payday with rechargeable AAA batteries. They are advertised as capable of transmitting 15 miles. I hope they will do at least 3. One set will go with 3ohEight to school as emergency communications and I will have another with me at work. These are back up for our cell phones. The FCC requires a license to operate the GMRS radios, but I haven't read up on the requirements yet.

I am looking forward to voting out the Incumbents in November. I know many have expressed that they are not going to vote. I disagree with this as we need to disrupt the politics as usual as much as possible. By tossing out the bought and paid for politicians, we disrupt the plans and timetables of TPTB, forcing them to take the time and money to corrupt the new batch we send their way! Perhaps some will remain uncorrupted and slowly but surely the scum and villainy will be replaced by those who will listen to the people who elect them to be representative of our wishes. I know, good luck, right?

The good news is that 3ohEight will be voting for the first time in his life, and he has a few like minded Bud's with him, looking to toss some butt into the street for the mess they are creating for his generation!

Here's a link for you!
How to Build a PVC Hoophouse for your Garden

Got Greenhouse?

2 comments:

  1. ...still low/mid 90's here in NE Ms...nights are cool now tho,high 60's,low 70's and dry as a bone...

    ...did the same with my oldest daughter,she's voting this year(and she's pissed off)so's a good portion of her friends,at least we can say we influenced some others huh?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we can influence our children and some of their friends, there might be hope for the future yet!

    ReplyDelete